Connells Maple Lee flowers and gifts is collecting holiday cards and coloring pages for service members and veterans throughout November in each of our stores.
We’ll present the collected items to the American Red Cross “Holidays for Heroes” program.
Cards and coloring pages may be dropped off at one of Connells Maple Lee flowers and gifts' three Columbus-area stores during normal business hours. Free coloring pages can be downloaded below.
The Red Cross offers these guidelines for preparing cards:
- Use generic salutations: “Dear Service Member” or “Dear Veteran”
- Be thoughtful with messages, expressing reasons why you are thankful for the service members/veterans; if you have a personal connection, such as a family member who served, consider adding that
- Try not to be overtly religious, but messages such as “Merry Christmas” or “God Bless You” are acceptable
- Do not include inserts such as glitter, photos, business cards
- Do not include personal information such as telephone number, address or email
- Sign your name